I’m new to the blogging world so those of you who are reading for the first or second times may want a little more background about who I am.
- I can be a little loud once you get to know me (this is probably an understatement). My extreme extroversion definitely scares people away sometimes and I love to laugh.
- Saving money is a hobby of mine; I get an odd sense of satisfaction from transferring the smallest amount of money from checking to savings. I hope to write more about money saving strategies on this blog 🙂
- I’ve been learning/speaking Spanish since age 11 and studied for about 1 month in Guatemala and 4 months in Costa Rica. I also spent 4 days in Nicaragua.
- I double majored in Psychology and Spanish. Next year, I will graduate with a master’s in Clinical Mental Health Counseling!
- Keeping active is incredibly important to me. I have a lot of energy for a 25-year-old and need to use it up somehow. I was a figure skater in middle school/high school and slowly took up running as my sport of choice in college.
- I ran the Chicago Marathon in 2012. The training was much harder than the race itself. I earned my medal after over 4 months of running tons of miles while raising money for the American Cancer Society, working full-time and, attending grad school full-time. My confidence is higher now because of this HUGE accomplishment.
- Another hobby of mine is painting, but I don’t do it very often anymore.
- My career goal is to become a Wellness Coach and/or write self-help books. This blog is a starting point for me on the road to learning about marketing myself and motivating myself.
- I started blogging simply because I love to write and share my goals with others.
- I really appreciate all of you who read this blog and am so grateful to have the opportunity to share my ideas and love for self-improvement.
Is there anything else you’d like to know about me?